Sunday, March 05, 2006

Old Cars

I borrowed an old classic car today to drive for a few hours. It was great..nothing like a car made from real metal and cloth. Not a sign of plastic anywhere.

I had to stop and put air in the tires since it had not been driven in so long. As I was wrapping it all up a man walked over and wanted to look inside. Took him back to his high school days he said. Then he made a remark about a girlfriend and something that happened in that car. Almost immediately he snapped out of it and told me he had to get back to his wife in the car.

I am obviously leaving out a few details here. My point is here we were 2 strangers talking about a car and high school like we were long lost childhood friends. Kinda cool what an old car will do!

Maybe if we all dwelt on what we have in common with each other more we might enjoy our lives more as well! I felt as if I made a friend all because he wanted to talk about a car from his youth.

It would've never happened if I was driving a Toyota Camry ya know....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gene,

Came across your blog by accident. Its been good reading it. Keep writing and ull hv a regular in me!

RomanE.