Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fear of Discovery

One thing that has struck me as intersting on this whole blog thing is how people respond. Those of you out there who have a blog know what I'm talking about. Many people cruise by but not many will actually respond on the site with a comment.

Why? Fear.

We have become so concerned with others viewpoints about us that we have become a society of politically correct humanoids. No one wants to go on record for fear they might be discovered for not agreeing with someone else. Then again maybe it's just fear that somehow a hacker will magically derive your social security number from your posting and clean out your bank account! Whatever the reason people are hesitant. It's okay with me though... I understand. Your opinion may cost you something.

Take me for instance. Stand up for what you believe and many won't stand with you. In fact...some stay away for good!

No comments: